Job Board: Contemporary Analysis Navigator
Contemporary Analysis is a global data science company based in Omaha, NE that provide predictive analytics to multiple Fortune 500 companies and small businesses in the United States, Europe and Asia. Contemporary Analysis is focused on making analytics accessible to companies of all sizes and industries, and offers standard products and professional services.
Contemporary Analysis (CAN) Navigators are the core of CAN’s client experience. They are responsible for helping customers achieve their business goals by helping them discover, understand and use CAN’s business systems. This is the perfect position for someone that loves to continually learn and teach others. Navigators are responsible for learning about client’s businesses and their goals, researching and helping them develop and implement a plan to help them Work Smart. They must be experts in both the technology and customer service.
Introduce: CAN Navigators are responsible for introducing clients to CAN to determine if they have a need, willingness and resources to purchase CAN’s systems. This includes handling incoming clients from CAN’s website and referral program, and also contacting sales leads qualified with CAN’s Tracker system.
Discover: Once a client has been introduced to CAN, and has expressed the need, willingness, and resources CAN Navigators will train to be experts at data science and business so that they can work with clients to understand their business and their business goals. Clients should be confident that their Navigator has a good understanding of their business. If a Navigator is not sure that they fully understand a client’s business, their business goals, or the right solution they will research until they understand more.
Create: After the Discover stage, Navigators will work with Client to create a plan to help them achieve their business goals. This will include discussing CAN’s systems, as well as third party products and services. The purpose of this step is to collaborate with clients to create a timeline and action plan to work smart.
Work: After the Create stage, Navigators will work with Clients to setup and understand CAN’s systems in their businesses, and then work with each client to help them achieve their business goals.
Relevant Experience and Education
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, with a degree in business or relevant work experience.
- Able to maintain focus in a high charged environment and manage competing priorities. This includes experience managing multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines.
- Experience solving business issues with the consultative application of advanced analytics and/or information technology.
- Strong presentation and client management skills, up to the Executive level. This includes being able to explain highly detailed and technical subject matter to non-technical audience, and being able to present and sell analytical concepts to clients.
- Experience delivering insight to internal or external clients by building on a technical foundation that includes a conceptual understanding of modeling techniques and a basic grasp of statistics. Ability to build analytical applications to solve a practical problem, in an on the spot high-pressure situation.
- Experience in project management and managing a team to meet a deadline, manage client expectations, and maximize client satisfaction relative to solution profitability.
- Functional experience in one or more of the following areas: selling analytic services, project management, analytic product development, pre-sales, implementation, account management
- Technical foundation to include one or more of the following areas: Bayesian statistics, multiple regression analysis, econometric modeling
If you are interested in learning more and applying contact Grant Stanley by phone at 866-963-6941 #801 or connect with him on LinkedIn. Please have your LinkedIn profile up to date before applying.